If you haven’t yet read the Part 1 of this series, What is Multiverse. Please do so and return back to understand it fully.
Marvel Comics has used Multiverse to add some more Drama to it’s Character Universe so that readers could connect more throughout the story. And it happened exactly as they expected. The readers loved the concept but didn’t knew what exactly it was.
After Spiderman Far From Home Trailer has been released, Marvel Studios has teased the existence of Multiverse in MCU. Which opens door for many unknown characters. Just like Mysterio. He’s from Earth 833, which is an alternative of Marvel Cinematic Universe, Earth 616.
Fans are hoping to see Spider-UK but that won’t happen. As per the trailer, Mysterio says that Spiderman doesn’t exist in his universe. But he didn’t mentioned anything more characters except the Elementals which are from Earth 833. There are slight possibilities that on Earth 833, Captain Britain would exist.
Captain Britain has been the main part of Marvel Comics Multiverse. There are many Captain Britain in Marvel Comics designated to one for each universe except Earth 616 (MCU). And their names goes as Captain Britain CORPS, Just like Green Lantern.
They have been shown in many comic series, but is renowned for it’s Excalibur. There are many side characters used for this Multiverse travel but many are also known for Time Travel. Just Cable, Rachel Summers and Bishop.
Also Read : Time Travel Theory in Marvel Cinematic Universe.
There are many other small Multiverses which are not well known to fans. Like Counter-Earth, The Hill, The Microverse, The Mojoverse, The Negative-Zone, The Other place, The Void, The Soul Gem(Soul World) as Pocket Universe. The Avalon, The Darkforce Dimension, Limbo and The Panoptichron as the external universes.
The Most Well Known Alternative Universes in Marvel Comics –
- Earth 616 – Motion Pictures Funnies Weekly #1 (1939)
- Earth 1610 – The Ultimate Spiderman #1 (2000)
- Earth 92131 – Night of Sentinels Part 1 (1992)
- Earth 10005 – X-Men (2000)
- Earth TRN414 – Xmen : Days of Future Past (2014)
- Earth 199999 – Iron Man (2008)
- Earth 12041 – Great Power and Great Responsibility (2012)
- Earth 8311 – Marvel Tails
- Earth 928 – Spiderman 2099 #1 (1992)
- Earth 214 – Ultimate Fantastic Four #21 (2005)
- Earth 712 – Avengers #84-#86 (1971)
- Earth 1287 – Strikeforce:Morituri (1986)
- Earth 88194 – Dr. Zero #1 (1998)
- Earth 45828 – Razorline : The First Cut #1 (1993)
- Earth 807128 – Wolverine Vol. 3 #66 (2008)
- Earth 90214 – Spiderman Noir #1 (2009)
- Earth 65 – Edge of SpiderVerse #2 (2014)
- Earth 18119 – Amazing Spiderman : Renew your Vows #3 (2015)
- Earth 1218 – Marvel Team Up 137 (1984)
- Earth 1048 – Marvel’s Spiderman (2018)
- Earth 79203 – Battle Fever J (1979-1980)
This is how Marvel Multiverse is shown in Comics at their first appearance. In Part 3 I’ll be explaining in a little bit deep to the Pocket Universes and the External Universes of Marvel.